2020 Land Conservation & Greenways
Registration for August 10 and 11 is now open.
The original theme for the 2020 Virginia Land Conservation & Greenways Conference was GROW: growing our economy and communities; growing our influence; growing leadership; growing our audience; and even growing beyond the too-comfortable boundaries of our familiar business-as-usual.
We had no way of anticipating exactly how much we would each GROW in 2020. How much we would truly be challenged to rethink business as usual. We need to talk about equity. We need to talk about how outdoor spaces are providing essential health and wellness services. We need to talk about the acres that grow our food and how it gets to our table. We have adapted session proposals. This is a new conference format and process for all of us. We hope you will join us!
Thank you to so many of you for joining us July 21 for the Greenways and Trails portion of our conference. We appreciate your feedback if you haven’t completed a survey yet: Survey, VaULT Virtual Greenways & Trails
We are excited to open registration for the August 10 and 11 portion of the conference which is focused on local communities, strong organizations, and land nuts and bolts. Thanks to our sponsors registration is free! But registration is required and you do need to register separately for each day.
August 10: Schedule Registration
August 11: Schedule Registration
Highlights August 10–Land Conservation & Greenways, 11am-4:45pm
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Mamie Parker, Expanding Partnerships and Connecting More People to the Land
- Sessions: Little Towns with Big Plans; Innovating & Reinventing Land Conservation; Leading by Example
- Networking: Chat will be open during breaks for networking
Highlights August 11–Land Conservation & Greenways, 11am-5pm
- Keynote: Ralph Sampson, Family Legacy of Agriculture, Forestry, and Land Stewardship
- Sessions: Virginia Farm Economies; Center for Food Systems and Community Transformation; Conservation Finance 101
- Networking: We will wrap up the conference with a VaULT business meeting followed by a Happy Hour/Social.
2020 Land Conservation & Greenways Conference Dates:
- July 21–Greenways and Trails Presentations & Recordings
- August 10 & 11–Local Communities, Strong Organizations, and Land Nuts & Bolts
- September 10–Land Stewardship & Restoration