There is a once-in-a-generation level of federal funding for land and water programs. But federal grants can be overwhelming even for well-established organizations with skilled grant writers. Should your organization consider applying or being a partner in a grant application?
Virginia’s United Land Trusts will host agency and nonprofit speakers to provide an overview of federal grant programs most relevant to land conservation. Applying, receiving, and managing a federal grant is a 2-5 year proposition. What factors should your organization consider before applying? What are some of the ingredients for success?
VaULT’s role will be a convener to make sure Virginia’s conservation community has the structure, network, and access to experts to bring in as much federal funding to Virginia as possible. *VaULT will not be writing grants.
Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration (REPI) Funding and Sentinel Landscapes, Friday, June 23, 2023
- Lynda Frost, Trust for Public Land, Senior Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanna Ogburn, Middle Chesapeake Sentinel Landscape Coordinator and Principal of JBO Conservation,email@example.com
- Heather Richards, The Conservation Fund, Mid-Atlantic Regional Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lindsay Vargesko, Environmental Scientist, US Navy, NAWCAD Sustainability Office, lindsay.a.Vargesko.email@example.com
Natural Resources Conservation Service covering Agricultural Conservation Easement Program-Agricultural Land Easement and Regional Conservation Partnership Program, April 11, 2023
Forest Legacy, February 15, 2023
- Andrea Reese, interim Forest Legacy coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 203-823-8378
- Kim Biasiolli, Piedmont Environmental Council, email@example.com
- Natasha Skelton, The Conservation Fund, firstname.lastname@example.org
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, February 6, 2023
- Kristen Saacke Blunk, Field Liaison, email@example.com, 814.360.9766
- Jake Reilly, Director of Chesapeake Bay Programs, National Fish & Wildlife Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Slattery, Landscape Conservation Coordinator, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, email@example.com